myspace.com/dougschwarzphotography

Doug Schwarz. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

Mist and Shadow

It was 1 in the morning. I was bored, fidgity, and mad because it was REALLY foggy outside and I wanted to take pictures in it. Everyone was either going to bed or thought I was joking, it was 30-something degrees and you couldn't see 50 feet in front of you in the fog.

Jay, the Hardened Stag

Finally I get a hold of Max Gleason and he agrees to the idea of him out in the fog wielding a giant sword getting good silhouettes.


Max the Mighty

I head over to his house which takes extra long because you cannot see ANYTHING. His brother Jay and Mike Reeves turn out to be there as well and get down with the idea. So now there are three, and Jeff Yenzer lets us borrow his broadsword. Jay and Max had fashioned a Final Fantasy sword so we brought that along as well. We drive all the way out to El Reno, get out on the land, and have to drive very slowly because cows are out there. It was so difficult finding exactly where we wanted to shoot because of the fog, and as we were driving maybe 4-5 miles per hour we see the silhouette of the entire herd in front of us. It was epic, I would have taken a picture if I had not been driving!

Of the Ages

Finally we get to our location, and we spend the next few hours trying different setups, ultimately lighting the shots only with our car headlights. The end result was quite epic.

A Soldiers Death

After a few hours in the cold and breathing in the fog I got so sick I was bed ridden for almost a week! I think it was worth it though!


The Three


No comments:

Post a Comment